Z's Yummy Vegan Chocolate Frosting
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 493
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine cocoa powder, coconut milk powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Combine coconut milk and water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave until steaming, 1 to 3 minutes. Add to cocoa powder mixture and stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Beat vegan butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add 1/3 the cocoa mixture at a time, whipping on medium speed after each addition.
- Add powdered sugar to the vegan butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, whipping on medium speed. Beat frosting until fluffy and spreadable.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If no vegan butter alternatives are available you can use non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening. Vegan 'butter' should be the stick form and not the whipped, spreadable tub type.
- More powdered sugar can be added to achieve desired consistency. If frosting is refrigerated, it will harden and should be brought to room temperature before serving.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 33.6 48.2 2.6 0 267 Full nutrition