Vegan Chocolate Ganache
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 m servings 137
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 cups)
- Heat soy milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to simmer, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Stir with a wire whisk until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract; stir again until incorporated. Use warm as a drizzle or refrigerate and beat using an electric mixer for a spreadable frosting.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use full-fat coconut milk instead of soy, if you prefer.
- Semisweet chocolate chips are technically non-dairy, but most manufacturers include milk or milk derivatives for extra creaminess. Your local health food store will most likely carry a nondairy version. However, the national brand Guittard® or Trader Joe's® semisweet are cheaper and have the best flavor and consistency in my opinion.
- For flavor variations, try adding several drops of extracts like peppermint, hazelnut, or almond.
- Use warm to drizzle over cake or dip cupcakes in the ganache. Allow to cool and set up at least a 1/2 hour before serving. Or refrigerate several hours and beat with electric mixer for a more fluffy, spreadable frosting. The more powdered sugar you add (up to 1 cup), the stiffer the frosting will be.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 7.4 19.5 1.6 0 13 Full nutrition