Instant Pot® Shrimp Curry
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 218
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select the Saute function. Add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, and fenugreek powder. Stir well to prevent burning or sticking to the pot. Add onion and tomato, along with salt and turmeric. Saute until onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons water, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander, and cumin into a paste in a small bowl. Add spice paste to the onions in the pot and stir well for 1 minute. Add tamarind and 1/4 cup water and stir to prevent burning or sticking to the pot. Cook and stir until oil starts separating out, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water and cover the pot with the lid. Simmer 2 minutes more on Saute mode.
- Add shrimp and stir well. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure and set the timer for 3 minutes. Allow about 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Select Saute mode again and stir coconut cream into the curry. Simmer until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt, if desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can replace the Kashmiri red chili powder (bright color and less heat) with paprika. You can get them at any Indian grocery store.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 12 12.4 16.2 128 818 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1