Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 487
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add onions, butter, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir about 4 minutes. Add wine; close and lock the lid. Select manual and high pressure and set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully immediately after timer goes off using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add sherry and select saute mode. Cook for 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add 6 cups broth and bay leaf to the pot. Close and lock the lid; select manual and high pressure and set the timer for 6 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and remaining 1 cup broth together in a bowl.
- Release pressure carefully immediately after timer goes off using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Set pressure cooker to saute and remove and discard bay leaf. Add flour-broth mixture, and cook and stir until soup is thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Ladle soup into oven-safe serving bowls and top each with slices of baguette and Gruyere cheese. Broil soup bowls until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 18.7 58.2 20.7 52 1552 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
French Onion soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup and I always love trying different variations. I like that this one saves a lot of time, but the flavor and deep color is unfortunately lack...
So I sautéed the onions for about 20 minutes and added 2 Teaspoons of fresh thyme. Increased the bay leaves by one so 2 Bay leaves I did not add salt But the flavor was lacking so I added som...