Ingredients35 m servings 413
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add oil and tip pot to coat the entire bottom. Add ground beef, onion, and red bell pepper. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are soft and beef is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Add garlic to the pot and cook another 30 seconds. Add vinegar. Stir in water, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Add crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Close and lock the lid and close the vent. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, toast hamburger buns and coat with butter.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Serve on toasted buns.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 20.6 34.8 21.8 74 665 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
A great recipe! No tweaking necessary. Thank you Bren.
Really didn’t turn out well for me. Strong vinegar taste.
I made these for the first time about a week ago. To me the flavor seemed to be lacking a bit... maybe the tomatoes over did it or not enough spice... idk.... But it was super easy to prepare an...
I’d love to make this again! Followed the recipe and seasoned to taste. Savory and sweet and healthier with onions and peppers! Unfortunately I learned my husband doesn’t care for sloppy joe’s s...