0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 471
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Wash lemons under cold water and dry well. Thinly peel 2 lemons and juice them. Fill a pot with cold water and add lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Peel quinces and remove core. Cut into small pieces and immediately drop into the pot with lemon water so they don't turn brown. Add cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until quinces are easily pierced with a knife, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain and remove and discard lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Zest and juice remaining lemon. Mix cooked quinces, lemon juice, lemon zest, white sugar, and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Pour into a baking dish and level out.
- Combine butter, flour, brown sugar, oats, and salt in a bowl. Rub between your fingers to create streusel topping. Sprinkle streusel evenly over fruit.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumble is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I use organic lemons.
Per Serving: 471 calories; 12.8 94 4.6 31 44 Full nutrition