Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 416
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add carrots, leeks, and onions. Cook and stir until softened and no longer crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Add squash; saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Gently fry bread until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bread to the stockpot; stir in allspice and ginger. Cook, covered, until squash has softened, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add apple and brown sugar. Fry until apples are well browned and start to form a crispy crust, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree the contents of the stockpot using an immersion blender until smooth and free of chunks. Garnish soup with the caramelized apples.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Day-old bread is fine. You can also use French bread.
Per Serving: 416 calories; 9.3 75.7 9.9 0 554 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1