0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 conchas)
- Combine milk, evaporated milk, sugar, 1/3 cup canola oil, marzipan, and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 50 seconds. Mix in egg, then yeast. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups flour and mix well. Add enough of the remaining flour to bring dough together. Knead dough in the bowl until pliable, 5 to 6 minutes. Move dough to one side and grease bowl with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make topping. Combine sugar and butter in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to high and continue beating. Add marzipan, almond extract, and salt; beat until creamy. Add flour and beat until combined and pliable. Cover bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into 20 pieces. Shape into semi-flat rolls. Arrange them in the baking pan.
- Cut topping mixture into 20 equal pieces. Place each piece between 2 sheets of parchment paper and press into a 2-inch circle. Place 1 circle over each roll. Use a butter knife to score the tops in a decorative pattern.
- Cover baking pan with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden, about 18 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 265 calories; 10.6 37.9 4.7 23 221 Full nutrition