Vegetarian Slow Cooker Baked Beans
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 h 45 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine beans in a large bowl with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Soak overnight.
- Drain beans the next day and place in a pot with 1 quart fresh water and kombu. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Drain beans.
- Place onion in a food processor and puree. Spread puree into the bottom of a slow cooker insert. Add drained beans and enough fresh water to cover.
- Mix vinegar, dry mustard, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, and black pepper together in a bowl and stir this mixture into the slow cooker. Cover top with aluminum foil and slow cooker lid.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. During cooking, check every 1 to 2 hours to ensure beans are covered with water; add hot water as needed. At 4 hours, transfer 1 cup beans to a bowl and mash. Return mashed beans to the slow cooker. Continue to cook another 6 hours.
- Stir in liquid smoke before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use BBQ sauce in place of liquid smoke if you prefer.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 5.9 50.4 15.8 0 182 Full nutrition