Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 179
- Cut turkey neck in half. Set liver aside.
- Combine neck, giblets, broth, onions, carrots, wine, celery, garlic, and bay leaf in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Add liver and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Mix flour and butter together to form a thick paste.
- Remove and discard neck and giblets. Strain broth, pressing vegetables to extract liquid. Discard vegetables. Add turkey drippings. Add flour mixture gradually and stir until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook until desired thickness is reached, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any amount of turkey drippings you prefer.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 12.8 8.3 4.7 64 494 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This turned out incredibly well. I did set the liver aside, way aside, so far aside that I didn't use it. After straining the gravy I picked the meat off of the neck, pulsed the other giblets in...
It was very tasty but it did require a lot of time. Not sure it was that much better than my plain old one made with drippings and flour paste and a little water! I did like the addition of chic...