Instant Pot® Sausage Dressing
12 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 608
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Whisk 1/2 cup broth and egg together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a spoon, for 3 minutes. Add butter, onion, celery, and water chestnuts. Cook 4 minutes more and turn pot off. Add parsley, salt, thyme, sage, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Add bread cubes to pot and pour egg mixture on top. Toss to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Select manual and set the timer for 6 minutes; allow 2 minutes for pressure to build. There will be no pressure to release in this step; when timer is up, carefully remove the lid and add remaining broth.
- Close and lock the lid again. Select manual and set the timer for 5 minutes; allow 2 minutes for pressure to build. Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Remove the lid and transfer dressing to a serving dish.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Due to the way the bread absorbs the liquid, it is important that you cook this in two steps as noted.
- If store-bought stuffing bread cubes are not available, you can easily make your own. Cube 8 slices of bread and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven set to 300 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Per Serving: 608 calories; 13.2 101.3 19 44 2685 Full nutrition