Ingredients1 h servings 509
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 2 minutes more. Add turkey; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, ground chile, turmeric, masala, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Add potato, peas, tomato sauce, water, and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until potato is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Add bell pepper and cilantro; simmer until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat. Saute rice in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender, 20 to 40 minutes. Drain off excess water. Add cinnamon, cloves, salt, and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute ghee for butter if desired.
- For stickier rice, use only 2 cups water or chicken broth. Cook until all liquid is absorbed. Replace water with chicken broth if desired.
Per Serving: 509 calories; 16.9 60.4 30.6 92 389 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I didn't make any changes to this recipe. The blend of spices is mild but tasty. The potatoes make it hearty comfort food. Combining all the spices before you start is the way to go.
Delicious and reheats well. . On some portions I topped with a dollop of greek yogurt