Dairy-Free Black Rice Pudding
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 322
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water and black rice to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Measure 3 cups cooked rice into a medium saucepan. Add 3 cups almond milk, sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until creamy, about 15 minutes.
- Microwave remaining 1 cup almond milk until hot but not boiling, about 45 seconds. Beat eggs into the hot milk.
- Pour egg mixture into the saucepan. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I have made this recipe using soy milk or coconut milk and each gives its own delicious flavor.
- The reason you heat some almond milk and beat the eggs into it is to keep the eggs from turning into scrambled eggs in your rice!
Per Serving: 322 calories; 4.4 63.9 6.2 62 332 Full nutrition