Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 108
Original recipe yields 48 servings (4 dozen)
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Bring water, corn syrup, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over butter and sugar and beat until blended. Gradually stir in flour and baking soda until dough is smooth.
- Halve the dough and form into discs. Wrap discs in plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Let dough soften slightly. Roll it out to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough using gingerbread men cookie cutters. Arrange on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops look dry, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Beat powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract together until stiff. Thin mixture out with milk. Spread frosting over cooled cookies.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can freeze the dough once it's wrapped in plastic.
- Keep frosting covered with a damp paper towel while it is out on the counter. You can also keep it soft by placing it over a small bowl of steaming water.
Per Serving: 108 calories; 3.9 17.9 0.7 10 35 Full nutrition