Vegan Carrot Loaf Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 431
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 loaf cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Mix soy milk, coconut oil, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract together in another bowl. Fold flour mixture into the milk mixture until just combined. Add carrots; whisk well. Add walnuts and stir to evenly distribute.
- Pour carrot cake batter into the loaf pan and even out the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto a cooling rack.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, vegan butter, and soy milk together in a bowl using an electric mixer to make the icing. Add lemon juice, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Frost cake once cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any dairy-free milk you prefer.
- Substitute brown sugar for the coconut sugar if desired.
Per Serving: 431 calories; 24.4 49.9 7.7 0 558 Full nutrition