Skinny Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 477
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash, cut-sides down, on a rimmed baking sheet and add water to surround squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 60 minutes.
- Gently scrape squash strands into the center of each half using a fork.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic to hot butter and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for another minute while stirring until no lumps remain, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add cream cheese and stir until smooth, about 1 more minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon hot sauce equally on to each squash half. Gently pull up the squash strands to coat as much as possible with sauce. Top with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Place squash halves under the broiler until golden and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- As an alternate way of baking: Poke a few holes deep into the whole squash with a paring knife. Bake for 60 minutes, remove from the oven, and let rest for 10 to 20 minutes before slicing in half with a large serrated knife. Scoop out the seedy inside, leaving the spaghetti strands.
Per Serving: 477 calories; 23.4 42.9 27.5 67 1128 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
With my changes, I give t 5 stars. As other reviewers pointed out - What about the milk? I sauteed 1/4 onion, diced small, with the garlic. I had cooked bacon - about 3 slices - in the freeze...
Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that you don't mention when to put the milk in. I put it with the flour. My husband loves it and wants to have it every weekend.