Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 288
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat the inside of squash with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place squash, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 30 minutes. Cool squash for 10 minutes.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Shred the inside of squash with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Add 1/2 the shredded Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, butter, salt, and black pepper; mix until well blended. Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese and return to the hot oven. Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 288 calories; 23 8.5 13.9 60 1077 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I've made this twice in the past month! Added some spinach and paprika last time. Probably had about 1/2 the bacon but the flavor still came through. It takes some time but is a major no-brainer...