Soft Pretzel Bites
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 166
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Place 1 1/2 cups water, butter, brown sugar, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment. Mix until well combined. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Turn mixer on low speed and add 4 cups flour, 1 cup at a time. Add additional 1/2 cup flour if dough appears sticky. Increase speed to medium and knead until dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle in more flour if dough still seems a little tacky.
- Oil a large mixing bowl. Add the ball of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly add baking soda and return to a boil.
- Meanwhile, remove dough from the bowl, flatten into a disc shape, and cut into 8 wedges. Roll each wedge into a 24-inch rope. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces.
- Drop batches of dough pieces into the boiling water for about 35 seconds. Remove to the prepared sheet pan. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush over the tops of each boiled dough piece. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of baking soda. The actual amount of baking soda consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 5.2 25.7 3.8 22 2208 Full nutrition