Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 157
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Fold in nuts. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- While dough is chilling, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove dough from fridge and form about 1 tablespoon dough into a ball; make an indentation and fill with about 1 teaspoon filling. Place cookie on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 11 to 13 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Try almond extract in place of vanilla, if you like.
- If you do not chill the dough, it will be too soft to work with. Also, if you make the cookie too large, it will fall apart.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 9.1 18 2.2 36 97 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made these as-is and they're pretty good. A couple of adjustments would make these stellar. It lacks balance a little. Bump up the cheesecake filling in each cookie. It needs a solid lay...
These were a lot richer than what I usually make. My husband could only have one. They tasted good and I liked the soft chewy texture. However, my cookies did crack a lot around the outside, I a...