Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 157
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Fold in nuts. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- While dough is chilling, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove dough from fridge and form about 1 tablespoon dough into a ball; make an indentation and fill with about 1 teaspoon filling. Place cookie on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 11 to 13 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Try almond extract in place of vanilla, if you like.
- If you do not chill the dough, it will be too soft to work with. Also, if you make the cookie too large, it will fall apart.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 9.1 18 2.2 36 97 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I made these as-is and they're pretty good. A couple of adjustments would make these stellar. It lacks balance a little. Bump up the cheesecake filling in each cookie. It needs a solid lay...
Definitely making these again! We love all things cheesecake so these were a hit, and super easy to make!
I made some of the changes others recommended: -MY personal changes were adding 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the cheesecake mixture and sprinkling some cookies with cinnamon sugar...
I followed exactly. Overall, a very good chocolate cookie. Not too sweet, no bitterness, and excellent chocolate flavor. The cheesecake filling didn't really add any cheesecakey flavor though. ...
These are now by far my families favorite cookie...and mine...I've made them several times and the only thing that I've added is when the cookies are cool, I take some melted carmel and drizzle ...
These were a lot richer than what I usually make. My husband could only have one. They tasted good and I liked the soft chewy texture. However, my cookies did crack a lot around the outside, I a...