Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 41
Original recipe yields 60 servings (5 dozen cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, lemon peel, and lemon extract and beat well.
- Sift flour and salt together in a bowl. Add to the bowl with the butter mixture in 3 additions, mixing well after each. Add food coloring and mix in thoroughly.
- Press cookies 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking sheet using a cookie press fitted with a flower disc. Press 1 red hot cinnamon candy into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just starting to turn golden brown on the edges, 14 to 16 minutes; do not overbake.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
Per Serving: 41 calories; 2.1 4.8 0.5 9 24 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These were delicious!!! I saw no reviews or stars on it and happy to be the first one since all three words of this recipe are my favorite! I sub the white sugar for confectionares’ sugar at s...