Grilled Halloumi and Mushroom Skewers with Quinoa and Pesto
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Easy to prepare, low carb, vegetarian, and so tasty! Halloumi cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes are threaded onto skewers, grilled, and served on a bed of quinoa with pesto and olive oil."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 919
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Thread mushrooms, halloumi cheese, and tomatoes onto skewers. Cook under the broiler, rotating the skewers a few times, until halloumi beings to turn golden and the vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes
- Stir pesto and olive oil together in a bowl; add enough oil to reach the desired consistency.
- Divide quinoa between 2 plates and place skewers on top. Lightly drizzle with pesto mixture.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Try using a light version of halloumi cheese and a light pesto.
Per Serving: 919 calories; 34.2 114.6 40.6 48 757 Full nutrition