Butternut Squash and Halloumi Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Roasted butternut squash and halloumi salad with pine nuts, beans, and couscous. Healthier and super yummy! This is a great accompaniment to a BBQ or gorgeous as a light summer dinner. Super easy and cheap."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 686
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine butternut squash pieces, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix to combine. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until butternut squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover saucepan and let stand until water is absorbed completely, about 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Place green beans into a large skillet over high heat and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over high heat. Place halloumi cheese slices on a plate and brush both sides lightly with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook cheese in the hot pan until each slice develops a deep brown crust, about 1 minute on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the other.
- Allow all ingredients to cool. Combine roasted squash, green beans, halloumi cheese, couscous, and pine nuts in a bowl. Drizzle with honey mustard dressing.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use lentils instead of couscous.
- Don't be afraid to try different dressings or veggies with this salad. It's really versatile! For example, a seasonal vegetable like asparagus is a nice alternative to the beans.
Per Serving: 686 calories; 36.7 71.9 23.9 48 783 Full nutrition