Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 365
- Combine apple slices and cinnamon in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. If necessary, add a tiny bit of water so apples don't burn. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch springform pan with butter
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, and egg in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add 2/3 of flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, to butter mixture and beat on low speed. Add remaining flour mixture and mix in by hand to make a crumbly dough.
- Transfer 1/2 the dough into the prepared springform pan and press down to create a bottom crust. Add apple slices, leaving a small space around the edges. Crumble remaining dough evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until streusel and crust are lightly browned, about 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Carefully transfer to a serving plate or cooling rack.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 16.7 52.6 3.5 59 180 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I followed the directions, but the crumb mixture was so moist, it was more like a biscuit. I didn't want to add more flour to produce a thick, heavy blob. Whatever, I kept going. I simmered the ...
very simple recipe, I made it just as directed. The dough did seem a little too sticky, when I make it again I will probably add a little more flour . Everyone loved it.