Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 194
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scrub carrots very well and trim, leaving an inch of the green tops attached and reserving greens. Halve any large carrots lengthwise. Arrange in a shallow, foil-lined roasting pan. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, stirring once or twice, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and trim 1 1/2 cups of reserved carrot greens. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add greens; cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Drain and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water. Remove and blot dry on paper towels.
- Combine carrot greens, parsley, Parmesan cheese, almonds, lemon zest, garlic, and remaining 1 teaspoon maple syrup in a food processor. Pulse to chop. With machine running, drizzle in olive oil until well combined. Season pesto with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drizzle roasted carrots with a little pesto and serve remaining pesto on the side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Alternatively, you can trim and roast the carrots, make the pesto, and cover and chill them separately up to 2 days ahead. On serving day, let pesto soften at room temperature for 30 minutes, then heat carrots through in a 325 degree F (160 degree C) oven.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 15.6 12.8 1.8 2 250 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1