Mummified Meatballs in Crispy Potato Skin Coffins
Ingredients45 m servings 412
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving 1/2 inch around the shell. Discard flesh or save for another use.
- Place potato halves cut-side down on a baking sheet. Rub each half with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Flip potatoes over. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until shells are crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place meatballs on microwave-safe plates. Cover with paper towels. Microwave until hot, 70 to 75 seconds per batch. Let rest until cool enough to not melt the cheese.
- Wrap 1/4 of the cheese strings around 3 meatballs to create a mummy effect. Repeat with remaining cheese and meatballs.
- Remove potato skin coffins from the oven and place a mummy in each coffin. Apply candy eyeballs.
- Editor's Notes:
- The directions for making the meatballs are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of potato. The actual amount of potato consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 22.3 29.4 24.3 92 384 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was a simple and tasty dish. It was so much fun too. I did have a little trouble getting the cheese strings to go around the meatballs. Be sure to have the cheeses completely separated into...
Hardest part is making the coffin. I used fresh meatballs as I'm not a fan of frozen meat. Love the creativity of it.