German Apple Sheet Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is my grandma's recipe for a super-easy apple cake. We had an apple tree, and this was a great way to use them."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 458
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a deep baking pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla sugar in a large bowl and beat using an electric blender until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl and mix on low speed. Fold apple slices into the batter.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract instead of vanilla sugar.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 19.7 68.6 6 114 127 Full nutrition