Bermuda Cassava Pie
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 770
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine eggs, salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and ginger in a bowl. Beat to add air and fluff up eggs. Combine sugar and butter in a separate bowl and beat together. Add egg mixture to butter mixture and combine gently.
- Place cassava in a large bowl and add egg-butter mixture. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and continue baking until pie is set, 2 to 2 1/2 hours more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If desired, meat may be added to this dish. Generally chicken and or pork are used. Approximately 3 to 5 pounds of cooked meat may be added to the center of the pie. Pour 1/2 to 2/3 of the batter into the pan. Spread the meat around the center of the pan, leaving about half the batter around the edges without meat. Pour remaining batter on top.
Per Serving: 770 calories; 28.2 123 8.4 225 833 Full nutrition