Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 160
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Place flour, 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar, green tea powder, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl and mix by hand. Make a well in the center and pour in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk and beaten egg. Mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead until dough becomes smooth and is no longer sticky, about 5 minutes. Knead and mix 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter into the dough.
- Continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic and no longer sticks to the work surface, about 15 minutes. Smooth dough into a ball and place in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan. Remove dough from the bowl and punch out accumulated air. Place on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll dough into a large rectangle slightly wider than the length of the loaf pan and as long as possible. Roll dough tightly, Swiss-roll style. Pinch dough to seal the seam tightly. Place seam-side down in the prepared pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise a second time until it fills 80% of the pan, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan immediately and let cool completely before slicing, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I usually make baked milk toast using this bread. The combination of matcha flavor and milk makes this my favorite breakfast. Here is the recipe for baked milk toast. Ingredients: 40 grams unsalted butter (softened), 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon superfine sugar, 8 tablespoons milk powder, and 1 egg. Mix all the ingredients and spread on one side of the sliced toast. Grease a baking pan and bake at 395 F for 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 3.9 25.5 5.3 31 236 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious, comforting bread. Like the best white bread you've ever had, but it is green! Easy to adapt to bread machine dough cycle as well.