Best Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 310
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place tomatillos, onion, serrano pepper, and garlic in a hot cast iron skillet and cook until blackened, turning frequently, 7 to 10 minutes. Peel garlic cloves and transfer to a blender. Add the blackened vegetables, cilantro, and salt; blend until smooth.
- Place chicken broth, beans, chicken, cumin, and salt in a slow cooker. Pour in blended salsa. Cook on High until chicken is tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place Hatch peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 10 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup beans from the slow cooker; mash and stir back in. Remove chicken breasts and shred using 2 forks. Stir into the slow cooker. Peel broiled peppers and dice flesh into 1-inch pieces; add to the slow cooker. Sprinkle in Jack cheese.
- Cook until chili is warmed through, about 30 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- A 16-ounce jar of salsa verde can be used in place of making it from scratch. A 4-ounce can of Hatch chiles can be used in place of fresh chiles.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 6.2 41.9 23.1 35 1453 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1