Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 144
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Grind orange zest using a mortar and pestle until it forms a smooth paste.
- Combine chocolate, coffee, and orange zest in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir until smooth and remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly
- Beat egg whites and salt in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form (see Editor's Note).
- Add egg yolks to the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Pour over egg whites. Carefully fold together using a spatula until just combined.
- Pour mixture into 10 small dessert glasses or 1 large serving dish. Refrigerate at least 6 hours to overnight.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- For food safety reasons, we recommend using pasteurized-in-the-shell eggs. The egg whites will take longer to whip, but will form stiff peaks; just keep beating them.
Per Serving: 144 calories; 9.1 12.3 4.5 99 54 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
My usual mousse recipe is far nicer mouth feel than this one. That said, my 10 year old LOVES this and because of the number of eggs in it, i'm all for that!