Lemonopita (Greek Lemon Phyllo Cake)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 604
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine sugar, water, and zest of 2 lemons in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and boil vigorously for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice from 4 lemons. Allow syrup to cool while you prepare the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil.
- Remove phyllo sheets from the package. Tear each sheet roughly into shreds and pile up in the baking pan. Let shredded phyllo dry out a little while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine yogurt, oil, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and baking powder in a blender or food processor. Blend together on high speed until frothy, about 2 minutes. Pour lemon-egg mixture over the shredded phyllo in the baking pan. Stir everything together gently until egg mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden and the filling set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately pour cooled syrup over the hot cake. Set aside until most of the syrup has soaked in, at least 1 hour. Slice into squares and serve.
You might also like
Per Serving: 604 calories; 26.7 86.4 8 87 322 Full nutrition