Ingredients1 h servings 415
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch pan or glass pie plate; fold excess dough under and press to form a thick edge. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over the bottom. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drain tomato wedges in a colander or on paper towels. Arrange tomato wedges in the pie shell. Sprinkle basil and garlic on top.
- Combine remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Spread evenly over tomatoes; do not spread onto crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Cover edges with a ring of foil to keep from overcooking if needed. Garnish pie with whole basil leaves and serve warm.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for prebaking the crust are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 23.9 34 18.8 32 790 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I have made it twice now.. first time it was pretty soggy but delicious. Second time I was much more vigilant in getting the tomatoes dry and took the suggestion of adding a little flour. Wonde...
As a classically trained Chef (retired) the only change was I made my own crust. I must say though the premade store crusts are quite good. Everything was spot on and my guests really enjoyed it...
This recipe makes the Best Tomato Pie!! Have made it every week with our tomatoes, never gets old. Full of flavor and ease of making it is great. Browns beautiful.
We were running out of mayonnaise, so I substituted with a spreadable cream cheese. I also used mostly fresh mozzarella, which may have added too much moisture. Still tasted pretty good!
I made this tonight since I had an abundance of fresh garden tomatoes and it is so good! I didn't really measure anything...kind of "eyeballed" it...but it came out absolutely delicious! And I e...