Small-Batch Basil and Cherry Tomato Freezer Jam
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 46
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 1/2 pints)
- Inspect 2 pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Combine tomatoes, sugar, basil, onion, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, coriander, and cumin in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, 2 to 3 hours. Remove from heat.
- Divide jam between jars. Allow to cool slightly before covering with lids. Refrigerate jam for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 4 months.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The amount of sugar should be adjusted depending how sweet your tomatoes are. Simmering time may vary depending upon the moisture content within your particular tomatoes.
- If a smoother jam is required, puree the mixture before placing it into jars.
Per Serving: 46 calories; 0.2 11.5 0.5 0 102 Full nutrition