Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 413
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Combine panko, milk, and egg in a small bowl and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, 3 tablespoons marinara sauce, and garlic salt in a bowl. Add panko mixture and mix by hand until combined. Pat 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan. Lay 2 string cheese sticks side-by-side horizontally on top, leaving about 1/2 inch from the ends of the pan; stack remaining cheese sticks on top. Cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with remaining marinara sauce. Bake for 20 minutes more.
- While meatloaf bakes, prepare Alfredo sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, about 1 minute. Add heavy cream and stir until combined. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until blended. Season with nutmeg.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Pour Alfredo sauce down the middle of meatloaf. Slice and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This can also be made in individual loaf pans. If so, use 1 piece of string cheese per loaf pan.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 30.7 11.5 24.8 121 773 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
My husband says this is “quite the good meatloaf”. I would have never thought an Alfredo sauce would be a good match for meatloaf but it was great, as was the mozzarella in the middle. Softening...