Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 115
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, eggs, egg yolk, baking powder, and vanilla extract in a food processor. Blend until the mixture forms a ball, scraping the sides of the bowl once or twice. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead in hazelnuts, almonds, and anise seeds.
- Beat egg yolk and water together in a bowl.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll into logs about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place onto the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Brush with egg yolk-water mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Cut logs diagonally into 1-inch slices and lay cut-sides down on the baking sheet. Return cantuccini to the oven until dry and firm, 30 to 40 minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
You might also like
Per Serving: 115 calories; 3.2 19.4 2.6 33 17 Full nutrition