Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 40 m servings 60
Original recipe yields 15 servings (15 falafel)
- Soak chickpeas in a large amount of cool water for 24 hours. Rub the soaked chickpeas with your fingers to help loosen and remove skins. Rinse and drain well. Spread chickpeas on a large clean dish towel to dry.
- Blend chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, onion, and garlic in a food processor until a rough paste forms. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add chickpea flour, coriander, cumin, sriracha, salt, and pepper and mix well. Cover bowl and let mixture rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the chickpea mixture. Mix using your hands until just combined. Form 15 equal-sized balls and press slightly to form patties. Spray falafel patties with cooking spray.
- Place 7 falafel patties in the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer cooked falafel to a plate and repeat with remaining 8 falafel, cooking for 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to try harissa sauce in place of the sriracha.
Per Serving: 60 calories; 1.1 9.9 3.1 0 98 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1