Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 344
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute celery, onion, carrots, and red pepper until soft, about 10 minutes. Add ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and saffron. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add peas.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a separate pot. Add rice mixes and stir well. Bring back to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 8 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and green chiles; stir.
- Add rice mixture to the soup. Remove soup from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and let stand until warmed through.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Canadian bacon is a good substitute for the ham.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the rice are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 344 calories; 9.5 21.6 40.4 313 1856 Full nutrition