Easy Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 719
- Cut the bread into cubes and let sit out about an hour to dry out a bit. Using day-old bread is perfect; the drier the bread cubes, the more yumminess they soak up!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs until they are combined. Add the milk, sugar, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Place the bread cubes in a baking pan and pour the milk and egg mixture over them.
- Melt butter in a small microwave-proof bowl. Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour this mixture over the bread and egg mixture, and gently fold. Don't mix it in thoroughly, just fold so the yummy pecan mixture forms into clumps throughout the bread pudding.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown. The center will still be a little jiggly.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before serving. The egg mixture will continue to cook, and the bread will soak up more yumminess.
Per Serving: 719 calories; 33.7 91.8 16 157 545 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This was really yummy! I made it in a 9x13 pan and used about 3/4 of a HUGE baguette of French bread. (If I remember correctly the recipe didn't say what size the pan should be and it didn't...
This pecan pie bread pudding is really easy to make. I used all ingredients, except I only added 1/2 cup of sugar to my melted butter as I didn’t want it to be too sweet! Turns out perfect for u...
No I didn’t make any changes but you need to cut the sugar but it was good
I made no changes, served it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Everyone loved it! This is the most popular dessert I've ever made.