Ingredients45 m servings 370
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine carrots, onion, and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread vegetables evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until lightly browned and soft, about 25 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups vegetable broth with 1/2 of the cooked vegetables in a blender jar. Puree until smooth and pour into a large saucepan over medium heat. Puree remaining broth and vegetables with tahini; pour into the saucepan.
- Add curry powder, coriander, ginger, turmeric, and cardamom to the vegetable puree. Stir until warm. Stir in heavy cream and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you have an immersion blender, place cooked vegetables, broth, and tahini directly into a large pot and blend until smooth.
- Make it dairy-free and vegan by swapping the cream for coconut milk.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 27.7 28 7.6 27 921 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is fantastic. The flavors are perfectly balanced. I topped it with some bacon. Thank you for the recipe.
Interesting soup. Definitely different. Will likely make it again, though I don't think I like it as well as the carrot soup with the coconut milk also on this website.
This was delicious and very straight forward to make. I doubled the recipe and I took the advice of not roasting the veggies ahead of time and just boiling them instead. It saved a lot of time! ...