Slow Cooker Smoked Oxtail and Sweet Potato Stew
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 30 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place oxtails, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and beef broth on top. Mix in brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove oxtails from the slow cooker. Shred meat off the bones; discard bones.
- Skim fat off the top of the liquid in the slow cooker. Add meat back to the slow cooker. Taste and adjust levels of brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve warm, topped with parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also cook this on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 10.6 28.4 26.1 83 901 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1