Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 137
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 minute. Add garlic, curry, ginger, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, coriander, cayenne pepper, celery seed, tarragon, and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add potatoes and mixed vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Pour broth into the potato mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and broth is mostly absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center; add salt, oil, and water, in that order. Mix into a stiff dough, roll into a ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball into a 10-inch circle. Cut each circle in half, moisten the edges, and shape each half into a cone around your finger. Fill dough with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture. Pinch edges shut.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer. Deep-fry samosas in batches until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetarian broth if you don't need these samosas to be vegetarian.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 5.9 18.5 2.7 0 130 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I added one cup of finely diced chicken. Veg was celery, carrot, and peas. When ready, I put the whole thing in a deep dish pie shell instead of smaller samosas. Baked at 400 for 40 minutes. Spi...
I baked mine in the oven instead of frying them. Very yummy either way.