Dutch Oven Crunchy Corned Beef
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 251
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place corned beef brisket and spice packet in a large Dutch oven with water to cover. Add ale, onion, chiles, garlic, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 5 hours.
- Combine brown sugar, cloves, ginger, mustard, celery salt, and caraway seeds in a small bowl. Remove corned beef from the cooking liquid and discard aromatics. Rub brown sugar mixture onto the cooked corned beef while still hot.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place the coated corned beef on the hot grill and cook until the coating is crunchy, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If there is a meat cap over the fat (as is usually the case with the point cut), I trim off that point and rub and grill it separately. I also trim off the fat after I cook the corned beef and before I apply the rub.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of ale, onion, and seasonings. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 13 15.5 13.4 66 806 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1