Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 40 m servings 125
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Pour water into a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat in the microwave oven for about 1 minute. Check temperature using a food thermometer to be sure water is no hotter than 100 degrees F (38 degrees C). Add yeast and agave; let sit until foamy, about 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture; stir to combine and knead a few times. Cover bowl and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, overnight to 18 hours.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead 5 to 10 times using floured hands. Shape dough into a ball and let rise while oven is preheating.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and place a Dutch oven inside to warm for 30 minutes.
- Use floured hands to carefully drop dough into the hot Dutch oven. Use potholders to place the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Bake in the hot oven for 30 minutes. Uncover Dutch oven and bake until bread is deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove and let cool.
You might also like
Per Serving: 125 calories; 0.7 26.8 5.1 0 118 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Added some cornmeal to the bottom of the dutch oven because I was concerned about sticking. It came out beautifully! It’s definitely a type of bread to be eaten with some yummy topping ( as was ...