Ingredients9 h 40 m servings 125
- Pour water into a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat in the microwave oven for about 1 minute. Check temperature using a food thermometer to be sure water is no hotter than 100 degrees F (38 degrees C). Add yeast and agave; let sit until foamy, about 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture; stir to combine and knead a few times. Cover bowl and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, overnight to 18 hours.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead 5 to 10 times using floured hands. Shape dough into a ball and let rise while oven is preheating.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and place a Dutch oven inside to warm for 30 minutes.
- Use floured hands to carefully drop dough into the hot Dutch oven. Use potholders to place the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Bake in the hot oven for 30 minutes. Uncover Dutch oven and bake until bread is deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove and let cool.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 0.7 26.8 5.1 0 118 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Added some cornmeal to the bottom of the dutch oven because I was concerned about sticking. It came out beautifully! It’s definitely a type of bread to be eaten with some yummy topping ( as was ...
I baked it on baking paper; it was "resting" and rising those minutes while the pan was heating, it was on the paper, so it was easy to transfer it to the Dutch oven. I loved it, and will defin...