Easy Gluten-Free Bagels
Ingredients30 m servings 364
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, baking powder, and garlic salt together in a bowl.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute; remove and stir. Microwave for 1 minute more; remove and stir until well incorporated. Stir flour mixture and eggs into the melted cheese mixture, working quickly. Knead by hand until a sticky dough forms. Keep kneading and squeezing until dough is completely uniform, about 2 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts. Roll each into a long log, then press ends together in a bagel shape and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bagels are golden, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't want to use the microwave, heat the cheeses in a double broiler on the stove over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted.
- If the dough becomes hard before fully mixed, is too difficult to mix, or is still sticky after a couple minutes, you can reheat for 15 to 20 seconds to soften it. In that case, wash your hands and knead again. It is important for the dough to be completely uniform. You shouldn't have pieces of cheese separate from areas of almond flour. Keep kneading.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 27.9 9.7 20.9 103 920 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Great bread recipe for a keto diet. Very good hot out of the oven. Holds up well in the toaster. Slices nicely for sandwiches. Didn't have garlic salt so substituted 1 teaspoon of salt and g...
I love these. I ise everything bagel seasoning from trader joes. They are very tasty and filling
These were really good. The texture wasn't exactly like real bagels obviously, but it was much better than other low carb breads. My dough was pretty soft , so I found it easiest to shape them b...
I’ve been doing the keto diet for the past 5 weeks and was looking for an east bread alternative. I tried this recipe and made it as specified but found the dough was too sticky and I added 1/2 ...