Breeze Creamy Tomato Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add onion and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add celery, carrot, and potato and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in Almond Breeze almondmilk, broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Let mixture cool slightly, then carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot and add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes more. Slowly stir in cheese and cook until melted.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to use buttery spread or olive oil in place of the butter and chicken stock instead of broth.
- You can use a stick blender to puree the soup directly in the pot.
- Instant Pot® Method: Prepare as directed above reducing Almond Breeze to 1 3/4 cups. Place all ingredients except herbs and cheese in the pot. Lock lid and select Pressure Cook; set to 10 minutes. When cooking is done, let stand for 10 minutes then carefully open vent. Puree as directed above and season with herbs and cheese.
- Slow Cooker Method: Prepare as directed above, reducing Breeze and broth to 1 3/4 cups each. Place in a large slow cooker and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
- Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 130 Total Fat 4.5g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 670mg Potassium 704mg Total Carbohydrate 17g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 6g Protein 4g
ReviewsRead all reviews 1