Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 323
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Pour in 2 tablespoons oil. Add roast to hot oil and cook until browned all over, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add broth.
- Combine remaining oil, potatoes, carrots, onion, and soup mix in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat evenly. Pour mixture into the pressure cooker and spread out evenly.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 60 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Remove roast from pot and place on a serving platter, leaving drippings in the pot.
- Select Saute function and bring drippings to a boil. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl and add to drippings. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Season gravy with garlic salt and pepper.
- Slice roast and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 15.6 19 25.7 79 1005 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
We LOVED IT! I will admit, I didn't add the veggies in from the beginning. I did the roast for the full 60, then manually released the pressure, added the veggies back in and did them for 10 m...
The roast was very tender and flavorful. I usually make a pot roast in the slow cooker, but the Instant Pot made the meat so tasty. It takes about 20 min. to prep, 60 minutes to cook and 20 minu...
This recipe was such a time saver from my normal pot roast I make in the oven and had wonderful flavor! I put all my ingredients in the pressure cooker and set the timer for 40 minutes. At th...
I used whole red potatoes and carrots, added at the same time as the meat. If I were to do it again I would hold off on the carrots until 30 mins. before done. It still tasted REALLY good!
Very delicious pot roast and so easy to make in the IP! Perfect meal for a cold night that is simply comforting. The only change I made was cooking the roast for 50 minutes, added the vegetables...
This recipe is a busy family’s dream! I halved the recipe using regular carrots that I cut up. It works perfectly, down to the the smallest detail. Don’t change a thing. Once I’d sealed it, I lo...
I couldn't find chuck so I used bottom round, I know that they usually aren't interchangeable but it worked very well. There were two in the package for a total of 3 pounds. I seasoned and seare...
This is the first time I've ever written a review, but I couldn't resist. Just got an InstantPot for early Christmas gift. 8-quart model. (Only four stars because veggies were mushy.) However, ...