Spicy Pork and Vegetable Tofu
"If you can't decide what to make for dinner, try this spicy pork and vegetable tofu dish: fast, easy, and tasty, it checks all the boxes for a satisfying meal and acts as a catch-all for any seasonal produce. All the individual ingredients taste distinct while blending seamlessly into one harmonious flavor bomb. Zucchini is our favorite veggie to showcase, especially if you take the extra 15 minutes to salt it, but pretty much any vegetables will shine."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 580
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine gochujang, hoisin sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Whisk sauce and set aside. Watch Now
- Toss zucchini with salt in a large bowl. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to draw out the liquid. Drain in a colander, rinse, and let zucchini continue to drain. Watch Now
- Cook pork in a pan over high heat, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add cayenne peppers and green onions; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the sauce; simmer until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Watch Now
- Add tofu and the drained zucchini. Cook, stirring often, until zucchini is tender yet crisp to the bite, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in cilantro. Watch Now
You might also like
- Chef's Notes:
- Feel free to substitute gochujang with whatever chili paste product you have available.
- Add a spoonful of sugar if you're using unseasoned vinegar.
- You may want to double the sauce amount if serving this over rice.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 580 calories; 33.2 29.9 43.7 92 2805 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This made four large servings without adding rice. Couldn't find fresh cayenne pepper so used serrano. I think next time, I'd go with extra firm tofu (at least of the brand I used), as it fell a...