2 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is one of my favorite gobi (cauliflower) recipes, and available at many Indian restaurants. A spicy Asian dish that's sure to leave your family wanting more! Occasionally, I even love to bake the cauliflower to lower the calories. Keep in mind, baking will take away from the crispiness of fried cauliflower."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 382
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, water, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl to make a thick batter. Toss in cauliflower florets and mix until coated.
- Deep fry cauliflower a few florets at a time until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Mix 1/4 cup vegetable stock with cornmeal in a bowl. Add soy sauce, ketchup, chile-garlic sauce, and salt.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add onions, chile pepper, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add cornmeal mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetable stock and cook until very thick, about 10 minutes. Remove sauce from heat.
- Spoon sauce over fried cauliflower and toss slightly. Garnish with green onions and serve.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 18.8 47.9 7.7 0 2011 Full nutrition