No-Knead Pizza Dough
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I've tried several no-knead bread recipes, and wanted to see if the approach would work for pizza. Happily, it does. Start the dough the night before and let it do its thing until you're ready to shape, top, and bake! If not using right away, wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 h 30 m servings 368
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 pizza crusts)
- Combine bread flour, all-purpose flour, rye flour, and salt in a large bowl. Add water, olive oil, and yeast. Mix with a wooden spoon until a sticky, shaggy dough forms. Mix in 1 tablespoon water if dough appears very dry.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise at room temperature until more than doubled, about 18 hours.
- Scrape dough carefully onto a floured work surface. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Fold the left edge of one piece of dough into the center. Repeat with the top, right, and bottom edges. Turn dough over so the seam faces down; top should be relatively smooth and round. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Line a heavy-duty baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle cornmeal across the top.
- Gently flatten the balls of dough and stretch into rustic rounds or ovals. Top as desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to use rye flour because it adds good flavor to the dough. You can try using only all-purpose or only bread flour instead. The dough is sticky, but resist the urge to add more flour, which results in a tougher crust. Handle it gently for best results.
- Keep an eye on the dough as it rises. If the room is warm, it might take less than 18 hours. If the room is chilly, it will take longer.
- If you have a pizza stone and peel, preheat the stone according to manufacturer's instructions. Lightly flour the peel before using it to transfer the pizzas to the oven.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 4.6 70.4 9.8 0 876 Full nutrition