Brown Butter Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 159
Original recipe yields 25 servings (25 cookies)
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until butter crackles, then foams and browns, about 5 minutes. It should smell nutty, and when butter is swirled brown bits should be visible. Pour butter into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt. Set aside.
- Add brown sugar and stevia to cooled butter and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in pumpkin until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 1 inch between cookies. Bake until lightly browned and barely firm on top, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- While cookies cool, prepare frosting. In a food processor, combine cream cheese, butter, stevia, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Pulse until very smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
You might also like
Per Serving: 159 calories; 8.6 18.9 2.1 37 130 Full nutrition